The following articles refer to the research mentioned on the background page.
- What's in a name? Another story - Dr Bryan Roe - Cheshire Genealogist No 30 Winter 1997/8 p 11-15
- Where there's a will there's a way - forwards and backwards, up and down the family tree! - Dr Bryan Roe - Cheshire Genealogist No33 Autumn 1998 p 22-26.
The following books are a useful background to Whitby and it's people
- The Story of Whitby Jet - Hugh P Kendall - Published by Whitby Literary & Philosophical Society - 1988
- Whitby Yards - John Gaskin & Cordelia Stamp - Published by Cordelia Stamp, 159 Church Street Whitby - 1990
- The Whitby Catholics 640 - 1957 - Rev David Quinlan - Published by The Catholic Printing Co, Farnworth, Lancs
The following book gives a useful background to the Victorian Photographs
Click here if no side menu is visible
- Family Photographs 1860 - 1945 - Robert Pols - Published by Public Record Office Publications - 2002 - ISBN 1 903365 20 1
©2005 Dr Bryan Roe - Crewe, Cheshire